Friday, November 4, 2011

Greenville part 2

This was the first night we got there, Ian's birthday, right after dinner. Just thought I'd throw this one in here because I actually look decent. And then, nights with Emerson in the hotel happened...

I know that these two are blurry, but this was right as we split ways with Ian for him to head to his men's retreat. Asher has been missing him so badly the last couple weeks, saying (multiple times throughout the day)...."I want daddy right now." This is not an emotional kid usually, so it makes me want to cry (I am the emotional kid). It will only be for 2 days. We've definitely lost him for longer than that before, but not on weekends....right after three weeks of being away....we miss you daddy! Come home!..but have a great time;)

awesome building right next to our hotel. home of starbucks, awesome restaurants and an apple dealer...note awesome apple sign. Wow...I need to find more superlatives. No wonder Asher saw a ton of awesome things on this trip. Way cooler when he says it though.


Asher has been very excited about the movie The Lion King, so as soon as we saw this poster, he preceded to talk about it every time we left the hotel. One day we were driving remotely near this building, and he said, "I see a ma-ane," like, for me to guess what he's talking about. He wanted me to take a picture of this to remember it!




this boy was quite a trooper always just being along for the ride. Sometimes awake, often asleep. hmmm....maybe that's why he didn't sleep at night(his scratches by his eye were from separate times of crying in the night:(...(by the way, note the lack of pictures of me, who was living off of coffee and undereye concealer...)






the suspension bridge at Falls Park at the Reedy (river). it was also practically right behind our hotel. It swayed and moved when you were out in the middle. Asher is clearly not afraid of heights, but I, apparently, still am a bit.
Anytime Asher touched the side (metal) roping, I was like, "oh my gosh, asher...stop touching it. What if it breaks and you fall through." Poor child. I'm certain I confused him. I told him
that I was just being afraid..


Move to Greenville? Who's with me!?
"I AM!!!"




fyi...I LOVE the fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment